June 22, 2021, 14:02

    Tributes pour in for ‘ray of sunshine’ teenager who died after falling off bridge

    Tributes pour in for ‘ray of sunshine’ teenager who died after falling off bridge

    Tributes have poured in for a 17-year-old "ray of sunshine" who lost his life after falling off bridge.

    Callum Mckenna, from Tameside, Greater Manchester, died on Sunday after falling off the bridge over the M60 near Daisy Nook.

    He was described by family and friends as "the most loving boy" who "touched the heart of everyone", the Manchester Evening News reports.

    They have now attached balloons to the bridge from which he fell, as well as notes paying tribute to the Droylsden Academy student.

    A GoFundMe page to help with funeral costs has now been launched and has already raised £5,800.

    It is hoped it will allow for the "best send off we can give him", Callum's cousin Simon Devenport said.

    Balloons and notes paying tribute to the 'most loving boy' have been attached to the bridge
    (Image: ASP WS)

    Simon appealed on Callum's friends and loved ones to contribute to his funeral as he said the teenager was "the brightest, funniest and most loving boy who deserves the best send off we can give him.

    "Rest in Peace Cal, we all love you so much!"

    In a post on Facebook, Manchester Theatre Academy (MTA) paid tribute to its former member, who previously won a Best Actor award at the One Act Play Festival.

    A spokesperson for MTA said: "So shocked and saddened to hear the news of the tragic loss of Callum McKenna, a well loved former member of our MTA family – gone too soon.

    "He was a ray of sunshine and the life and soul at drama.

    "He touched the hearts of everyone and was beautiful through and through – so talented and always brought laughter to the group, with his great comedy skills and quirky characterisation.

    "Our hearts go out to his loving family at this heart-breaking time. We feel so lucky to have known Callum and he will be so sadly missed."

    Emergency services, including the North West Air Ambulance, were called out to the scene at 2.55pm on Sunday.

    Despite the best efforts of medics, the teenager was pronounced dead at the scene.

    Greater Manchester Police has confirmed that there were no suspicious circumstances.

    Sourse: mirror.co.uk

    Related posts

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. You can find a detailed description in our Privacy Policy.
    Privacy Policy