The Queen will not overrule Prince Charles' plan to keep his brother Andrew away from public duties, according to a royal expert.
It comes after the Duke of York told his closest confidants that he believes the Virginia Giuffre sex abuse scandal will 'blow over'.
Jeffrey Epstein's alleged former sex slave Ms Giuffre has made a sex abuse claim against the royal, although Andrew vehemently denies the claims.
The High Court has now accepted a request by Ms Giuffre to contact the Duke of York over her civil case filed in New York against him.
While the Queen is fond of Andrew's company she is not planning to go against other royals by putting him back on official duties, royal expert Angela Levin said.
A source previously told The Times that the Queen has a "soft spot" for Andrew and could give him the green light to return, although it now appears this will not happen.
The monarch is not planning to overrule Charles, despite being fond of Andrew's company
The Duke of York withdrew from public life in November 2019 after a car-crash Newsnight interview about his relationship with the late convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
When asked whether the Queen wants Andrew to return to public duties, Ms Levin told TalkRadio: "I think last time she did say that he couldn't be.
"He said a couple of days ago he was waiting for it to all blow over which shows how naive and arrogant he is because it's not going to blow over.
"'She (the Queen) adores Andrew and enjoys his company and I think that she won't overrule what Charles says and the rest of the royals who won't want him to do that."
Ms Levin, who wrote Harry: Biography of a Prince, added that no one thinks the Duke of York will return to public duties before the Platinum Jubilee next year.
A bombshell civil lawsuit filed in New York has accused the royal of sexually abusing Virginia Giuffre, who was trafficked by the Duke's paedophile pal Epstein, when she was 17.
Prince Andrew's paedophile pal Jeffrey Epstein killed himself in prison
The High Court has accepted a request by Ms Giuffre to formally contact him over the civil case.
The decision means lawyers representing Ms Giuffre should finally be able to serve legal papers to the royal after claiming they were unable to do so due to Andrew staying at the Queen’s Balmoral castle.
At the first pre-trial hearing held in New York on Monday, the Duke's attorney Andrew B Brettler said their legal team had "significant concerns" about the lawsuit.
The lawyer stated that Ms Giuffre had previously entered into a "settlement agreement" that would nullify her case.
However, despite Andrew being represented in court, his team claimed he has not been officially notified about the civil case – reported round the world – known as service of proceedings.
Under the Hague Service Convention, a treaty that governs requests between countries for evidence in civil or commercial matters, Ms Giuffre's legal team asked the High Court in London to formally notify Andrew about her civil action.
The Duke of York has been hit with a sex abuse claim by Virginia Giuffre (pictured aged 17)
She is seeking unspecified damages from the Queen's son, but there is speculation the sum claimed could be in the millions of dollars.
Andrew has vehemently denied all the allegations.
After earlier highlighting an issue with the application, the High Court said later: "The lawyers acting for Ms Giuffre have now provided further information to the High Court, and the High Court has accepted the request for service under the Hague Service Convention.
"The legal process has not yet been served but the High Court will now take steps to serve under the convention, unless service is arranged by agreement between the parties."
The question about whether Andrew had been properly served was a major topic at the pre-trial hearing at the US district court for the southern district of New York.
Get all the latest news sent to your inbox. Sign up for the free Mirror newsletter
Mr Brettler said during the hearing, held via telephone conference, the duke's team contested "the validity of service to date", adding he has not been properly served under either UK or international law.
David Boies, representing Ms Giuffre, said that the complaint had been "delivered to the last known address of the defendant", he added that the documents had also been sent "by Royal Mail".
He has previously said Andrew "cannot hide behind wealth and palace walls" and must respond to the allegations.
Epstein hanged himself in prison in 2019 while awaiting trial on serious sex charges.
Ghislaine Maxwell, Epstein's alleged madam, is awaiting trial for allegedly recruiting girls for the late financier.