May 20, 2022, 10:40

    Queen has ‘ring of steal’ to halt Harry and Meghan documentary bid, expert says

    Queen has ‘ring of steal’ to halt Harry and Meghan documentary bid, expert says

    The Queen has a "ring of steel" around her with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle warned by advisors not to "even think" about using her as a source of content for a Netflix documentary, said a royal expert.

    Russell Myers says Buckingham Palace aides have put a strict cordon around the Queen but admits that it is impossible to know what the Sussexes will choose to do with Netflix.

    "There is an absolutely a ring of steel around the Queen in terms of her advisors," Mr Myers told the US outlet Today, reported the Express.

    "I mean, they certainly would be advising Harry and Megan to not even think about it for a second, but who knows what they will do?

    "They would definitely have been advised not to speak to Oprah Winfrey not to speak to Gayle King not to speak to the American journalists last week and yet they still keep on doing it.

    A "ring of steel" is around the Queen, says royal expert Mr Myers
    (

    Image:
    Getty Images)

    "I mean, it makes you wonder how much the family can take anymore and I'm sure Prince William has got his head in his hands as Prince Charles as every time they pop up on the television."

    Harry and Meghan signed a lucrative deal with Netflix in September 2020 with an aim to produce documentary content for the streaming giant.

    The couple recently saw their Netflix project titled 'Pearl' axed to save money as the company suffered a sharp fall in subscriber numbers.

    And Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams believes the couple may now come under pressure to quickly "produce more" royal content.

    The Sussexes will be in the UK for the Queen's Jubilee
    (

    Image:
    Getty Images)

    He told Express.co.uk: “Clearly there will be pressure on Harry and Meghan to produce more and probably more quickly."

    It comes as a spokesperson for the Sussexes confirmed Prince Harry would be attending the Jubilee celebration with Meghan and their two children, son Archie and daughter Lilibet.

    The family was "excited and honoured" to be attending, the spokesperson said in a statement.

    There had been question marks over whether Harry, given his dispute with the government over security, would travel to the UK to join other royals in celebrating the Queen's Jubilee.

    Harry did miss his grandfather Prince Philip's memorial service in March.

    The Sussexes have been critical of the royals regularly on US television
    (

    Image:
    Getty Images)

    The Sussexes will not be joining other royals as they wave at crowds from the balcony of Buckingham Palace during the Trooping of the Colour ceremony at the start of the celebrations.

    The Queen has decided neither her son Andrew nor grandson Harry will be there this time with attendance restricted to working royals only.

    "After careful consideration, the Queen has decided this year's traditional Trooping the Colour balcony appearance will be limited to her majesty and those members of the royal family who are currently undertaking official public duties on behalf of the Queen," a palace spokesperson said.

    Harry stepped away from royal duties after moving with Meghan to California in 2020.

    Read More

    Read More

    Sourse: mirror.co.uk

    Related posts

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. You can find a detailed description in our Privacy Policy.
    Accept
    Reject
    Privacy Policy