January 23, 2022, 9:48

    Prince George snap was ‘wake-up call’ for Harry and Meghan that they ‘wouldn’t be stars’

    Prince George snap was ‘wake-up call’ for Harry and Meghan that they ‘wouldn’t be stars’

    A photo of Prince George was a "wake-up call that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle would never be superstars of the royals", a royal commentator has claimed.

    The image shows the eight-year-old alongside Prince Charles, the Queen and Prince William and was released at the start of 2020 to mark the new decade.

    Not long after its release, Meghan and Harry made the bombshell announcement that they were stepping down as senior royals.

    Royal commentator Neil Sean had suggested on his YouTube channel that while that photo had made the Duke and Duchess of Sussex consider their position, it wasn't what caused them to step back.

    Neil observed that it showed "a new, streamlined monarchy".

    This is image was released in January 2020 showing the line of succession of the Queen, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George
    (

    Image:
    Ranald Mackechnie via Getty Images)

    He said: “We have Prince Charles, Prince George, and of course Her Majesty the Queen. And this was going to be showing, alongside William, where the next phase is.

    “Well, of course, if you look at the picture, it makes perfect sense. Obviously, that is the next line-up.”

    However, the royal commentator claimed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's plans to step down had been in the works long before the picture's release.

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle stepped down as senior royals in early 2020
    (

    Image:
    REUTERS)

    He suggested: "Harry and Meghan had decided more or less within the first few months of meeting that they could have a different life,” he suggested.

    “It wasn’t exactly mapped out word for word, what we’ve ended up with, but certainly for Prince Harry, he wanted to have a different role in his life.

    “We’d seen that already with him trying to branch out within the military, and of course, alongside Kate and William, he started those mental health charities.”

    This image was released in 2016 showing the royal line of succession
    (

    Image:
    AFP/Getty Images)

    Even though he suggested the picture was not the final try he still claims it must have been a "wake-up call" for the couple.

    He said: "I do believe that it could have been something of a wake-up call to realise that perhaps he and Meghan would never really truly be the superstars of the British monarchy.

    “That’s not to say that they don’t garner as much more interest than other senior members of the British monarchy, but sometimes it can be the wrong interest.”

    Video Loading

    Video Unavailable

    Click to play
    Tap to play

    The video will auto-play soon8Cancel

    Play now

    It comes as Prince William and Kate Middleton are said to have accepted their 'broken' relationship with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

    This report comes after the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, alongside other members of the royal family, celebrated Kate's 40th birthday over the weekend.

    Andrew Neil, former chair of GB News, spoke to Channel 5 documentary, ‘2021: The Queen’s Terrible Year’, revealing that Kate and William are “reconciled” to the “broken” relationship with Harry, reports the Daily Record.

    Read More

    Read More

    Sourse: mirror.co.uk

    Related posts

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. You can find a detailed description in our Privacy Policy.
    Accept
    Reject
    Privacy Policy