May 17, 2022, 22:57

    Man targeted in suspected acid attack as he’s rushed to hospital with devastating burns

    Man targeted in suspected acid attack as he’s rushed to hospital with devastating burns

    A man was rushed to the hospital suffering from burns last night following a suspected acid attack.

    Greater Manchester Police raced to the scene at an address in Oldham shortly before 10.40pm.

    A man in his 30s was taken to Royal Oldham Hospital suffering from burns and he remains there today

    His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening and he is in a stable condition.

    A police investigation is underway and no arrests have been made.

    Reports on social media about the hospital's A&E department being closed due to the incident were rubbished by a Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust spokesperson.

    Police were called to the incident at an address on Burlington Avenue shortly before 10.40pm last night
    (

    Image:
    MEN MEDIA)

    They added that a deep clean and contamination had been carried out and there was no risk to staff or members of the public.

    It is understood a number of staff members at the hospital have been isolated as a precaution.

    A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said: "Shortly before 10.40pm on Wednesday 11 May we were called by NWAS to a report of a man being attacked with a substance suspected of being acid at an address on Burlington Avenue, Oldham.

    The man's injuries are not believed to be life-threatening and he remains in a stable condition in the hospital
    (

    Image:
    MEN MEDIA)

    "A man in his 30s was taken to hospital with injuries consistent with burns and he remains in a stable condition.

    "An investigation is underway and our enquiries into the incident are ongoing. No arrests have been made.

    David Jago, chief officer for The Royal Oldham Hospital said: “Last night our staff at The Royal Oldham Hospital worked with local emergency services to deal with a localised and isolated incident after a patient was brought to our Emergency Department by ambulance after being exposed to a suspected hazardous substance.

    "The patient is currently being treated in hospital for burns where their condition is being monitored.

    “I would like to thank our teams who have worked well with colleagues in our partner agencies in dealing with this incident professionally and safely in line with our robust and tried and tested plans.

    "All patients at our Emergency Department are safe and there is no risk to staff and the public following a deep clean and decontamination of the department”.

    Anyone with information is urged to contact GMP online via our LiveChat facility, if able, or by calling 101 quoting incident 3391 of 11/05/2022.

    Details can be passed anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

    Read More

    Read More

    Sourse: mirror.co.uk

    Related posts

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. You can find a detailed description in our Privacy Policy.
    Accept
    Reject
    Privacy Policy