June 25, 2022, 10:53

    Man moving to UK savagely beaten in ‘race-hate attack’ minutes after arrival in London

    Man moving to UK savagely beaten in ‘race-hate attack’ minutes after arrival in London

    A Polish immigrant has told how he was asked where he was from and then was knocked unconscious in a brutal attack shortly after arriving in London.

    Kamil Sobala asked his attackers for directions after getting off a coach at Victoria station before being knocked to the ground and repeatedly punched in the face in Elizabeth Street, with images filmed on a mobile phone.

    The 31-year-old, who has lived in London before, had been travelling back from Bath where he had flown to from Poland, reported MyLondon.

    Following the brutal assault, Mr Sobala has said he is "shaken by the experience", that he "can't even sleep" and he now fears to even walk to the shops.

    The attack took place at around 7.50pm last Saturday.

    Images appear to show Mr Sobala being hit in the street

    "I was going to meet some friends and went past the pub to ask directions because my phone was dead," he said.

    "I wanted to know where to go to charge my phone and where the underground station was. These guys, I asked them for some help to find the station. Instead of them just saying 'sorry I can't help you' they swore at me. Then they asked me where I was from and I said Poland.

    "Then they started beating me. It's terrible. I'm just scared of going to the shop I can't sleep and I'm scared as well as full of pain.

    "My back is painful and so is my eye, cheek and face. It was racist. They didn't start attacking me, only when I said I was from Poland, they punched me until I can't remember anything."

    Footage of the attack has been circulated on social media of him being punched on the ground and Mr Sobala is now reportedly helping police with their investigation with enquiries ongoing.

    Mr Sobala continued: "Now it's bad because I've been drinking because it's stopping the pain. A lady posted a video of me and called the ambulance. I want to thank everyone who helped and that video is good because hopefully the guys will be caught."

    Mr Sobala said that he has been left fearing to go out to the shops

    After originally coming to the country in 2013, he returned to the UK this year and was moving to London to live with friends. He had only been in London for a matter of minutes before he was attacked.

    The Metropolitan Police reportedly stated about the incident : "Police were called at approximately 19:50hrs on Saturday, 18 June to reports of a man assaulted in Elizabeth Street, SW1. A man was taken to hospital for treatment to injuries before being discharged. An investigation into the circumstances is ongoing."

    Onlookers reportedly criticised the police for not attending the scene but the Metropolitan Police responded: "Officers did not attend this incident but have since spoken to both the victim and witnesses of this assault. The investigation is ongoing to identify the person responsible for this attack."

    It continued: "When police receive calls about incidents they are graded on a number of reasons, including whether there is an immediate threat to life. In this case, the caller stated the suspect had left the scene and an ambulance had been called, meaning it was not graded in the highest category for a response."

    There have currently been no arrests. Anyone with information that could assist police is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD7204/18June.

    The Mirror has contacted the Metropolitan Police for comment.

    Read More

    Read More

    Sourse: mirror.co.uk

    Related posts

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. You can find a detailed description in our Privacy Policy.
    Accept
    Reject
    Privacy Policy