October 27, 2021, 17:49

    Man dies after getting trapped in machinery at Pets at Home as family pay tribute

    Man dies after getting trapped in machinery at Pets at Home as family pay tribute

    A family has paid tribute to a 39-year-old man who died after being trapped in machinery at work.

    Shaun Potter died after being injured at the Pets at Home warehouse in Stoke-on-Trent on October 4.

    Emergency services were called to the scene and firefighters worked to free the employee.

    Shaun was then airlifted to the Royal Stoke University Hospital where he later died, Stoke-on-Trent Live reports.

    A spokeswoman for the fire service said at the time: "Firefighters were called at 1.40pm on October 4 to reports of a man trapped in machinery at the Pets at Home warehouse on Birmingham Road.

    "Crews attended and found a man with serious injuries. Firefighters used airbags to free the man. The man was conveyed to hospital by the ambulance service. The incident was left in the care of Staffordshire Police."

    Now his loved-ones have shared their memories of Shaun and his colleagues created a GoFundMe page to raise money for his family.

    Shaun's sister Louise Marie said: "RIP Shaun bro, we will all miss you. This should never have happened to you. You will forever be in our hearts and your girlfriend's and your daughters.

    "You had so much to live for and we are absolutely devastated that you are gone. You will always be my big brother.

    "Love you always bro. I will see you up there soon."

    Police and ambulance crews at the Pets At Home warehouse in Campbell Road, Stoke-on-Trent

    StokeLive/ WS)

    Shaun's brother Wayne Potter added: "Fly high brother, one day we will fly again together."

    Friend Adrian Gomm said: "So sad to hear this horrendous news. I enjoyed your company whilst we had a game of pool. Deepest condolences to your family."

    Another person, Michael Ottaway, said: "RIP Shaun, such sad news. We had many talks about football. You will be sadly missed by us all at Pets at Home. My thoughts with all your family."

    Sheila Lightfoot added: "RIP so sad, our prayers are with his family , at this time life is so cruel some times, fly high Shaun, gone but never forgotten, God bless."

    Shaun's colleague Chloe Parker, who has started the GoFundMe page, said: "I worked with Shaun and I know me, as well as his colleagues are all absolutely devastated.

    "With permission from Shaun's brother, I have made a page for anything the family need at his incredibly hard time. If people could please share and donate if they can, it would be appreciated very very much."

    The Health and Safety Executive has been informed of the death and an investigation is ongoing.

    You can donate to the fundraiser here.

    Read More

    Read More

    Sourse: mirror.co.uk

    Related posts

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. You can find a detailed description in our Privacy Policy.
    Privacy Policy