June 28, 2022, 23:02

    James Bulger’s grave targeted by vile thieves who steal cherished trinket

    James Bulger’s grave targeted by vile thieves who steal cherished trinket

    Vile thieves have targeted the grave of murdered toddler James Bulger.

    The little boy’s heartbroken mum Denise Fergus revealed a sleeping stone cherub has vanished from her son’s resting place.

    Her husband Stuart made the sickening discovery when he went to tend the grave.

    Writing on Instagram, Denise said: “So this morning Stuart went and cleaned James’ resting place and put down some new flowers. He has come back and told me that this sleeping statue has been taken.

    “It’s made of concrete and has a bit of weight to it so it hasn’t blown off anywhere.”

    Posting a photo of the missing statue, she said: “This is the only picture we can find, it’s a lot cleaner than this now. So please keep your eyes open.”

    And she added: “How low do some people have to be to actually take from a baby’s grave.”

    An Instagram post by James Bulgar’s mum stating that a statue from her sons grave has been stolen
    (

    Image:
    Denise Fergus/Instagram)

    Two year old James was murdered by Jon Venables and Robert Thompson, both aged 10, in Liverpool in 1993.

    The youngster is buried in the city’s Kirkdale Cemetery.

    His killers were convicted of murder but released in 2001, aged 18.

    Thompson, 39, has not re-offended but Venables, 39 was sent back to jail in 2010 and 2017 after being caught with child sex abuse pictures. He has applied for parole and could be freed later this year.

    Jon Venables (left) and Robert Thompson killed James Bulger
    (

    Image:
    PA)

    A parliamentary debate on whether a public inquiry should be held into James’ murder is due to take place later this year.

    Earlier this month Denise, 53, who has been calling for an inquiry, met Justice Secretary Dominic Rabb.

    And days later it was announced a debate would take place.

    James Bulgar’s mum Denise Fergus with Dominic Raab
    (

    Image:
    Denise Fergus/Instagram)

    After the news was announced Denise said: “My family and friends and I are over the moon. I’ve have had 29 years of unanswered questions and this is a truly historic, momentous step towards change.

    “Finally we are making progress towards an inquiry. There have been too many failings over the years and I just hope this will be the beginning of something that will leave a legacy in the name of James.

    “I’ve been fighting for justice for James since day one, so to have all this happen before the 30th anniversary means so much. And if this helps make it easier for other families going through the justice system, then I can say I’ve had part justice for James.”

    Read More

    Read More

    Sourse: mirror.co.uk

    Related posts

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. You can find a detailed description in our Privacy Policy.
    Accept
    Reject
    Privacy Policy