A filthy takeaway was found to be riddled with contamination risks, including raw chicken, full bins and dirty utensils.
Food inspectors from Blackpool Council were called to TFC on Highfield Road on August 19 last year and found a series of hygiene breaches which left customers exposed to 'extremely serious consequences'.
Inside they discovered open containers of raw chicken in the fridge and freezers 'giving rise to the risk of cross-contamination of harmful food poisoning bacteria', a court heard.
Potentially dangerous allergen contamination risks were also found, in that bread buns containing sesame seeds were open and shedding seeds, and there were pieces of grated cheese to the preparation area, reports Lancs Live.
The council said this lack of control of allergens 'could pose a safety risk to those with either an allergy to sesame or dairy'.
The premises were found to be dirty throughout and in need of a deep clean.
Potentially dangerous allergen contamination risks were also found, in that bread buns containing sesame seeds were open and shedding seeds
A council spokesperson added: "It was evident that the business had not been cleaned down from the previous day, with a full bin, dirty utensils and dirty cooking equipment that had not yet been put to use that day.
"There was an accumulation of rubbish and unused equipment to the rear yard. Monitoring records had not been completed for three weeks, which should be in place to demonstrate that safe practices are being followed."
Takeaway owner Tafayul Choudhury, 50, was prosecuted at Blackpool Magistrates Court on Wednesday for five food hygiene offences. He was ordered to pay a £741 fine, £2500 costs, and £74 victim surcharge.
Takeaway owner Tafayul Choudhury, 50, was prosecuted at Blackpool Magistrates Court on Wednesday for five food hygiene offences
Andrew Teebay/Liverpool Echo)
Tim Coglan, head of Public Protection and Enforcement at Blackpool Council, said: "This prosecution sends a strong message to food business operators in Blackpool. If health and hygiene procedures are not followed it can have extremely serious consequences for the consumer.
"During the pandemic we know that some businesses were struggling to maintain standards due to repeated closures. Now all the restrictions have been removed and businesses are operating as normal there is no excuse for not meeting legal requirements.
"Any shortfall will not be tolerated, particularly when it poses a risk to the public."