A Bitcoin miner died while trying to fire up his homemade hard drive to obtain more cryptocurrency.
Danai Makmek, 26, became restless after his device cut out and would not turn back on while mining for Bitcoin.
The obsessed crypto-fanatic, from Thailand, told his older brother about the broken technology and begged for help in fixing it over fears he would lose out on precious mining time.
Brother Apiwat Makmek agreed to go to a technician the next day to get the computer repaired. The computer system that was being used was reportedly capable of earning thousands of dollars of Bitcoin each week.
This image from Danai's room shows the tangled mess of cables and drives that he used for his digital currency production
However, Danai was worried about losing out on valuable Bitcoin if he had to wait a day to get it repaired so he attempted to do it himself, his brother said.
Danai is believed to have been killed after the Bitcoin mining computer exploded and electrocuted him on July 20.
Footage from his room shows the tangled cables and hard drives that Danai used to mine the cryptocurrency.
His devastated brother said: "I warned him but he could not wait. I think he panicked and stayed up for the whole night trying to fix it.
"The computer was modified to give it more power. I do not think it was safe but my brother had built it himself for Bitcoin mining, which he really liked."
Apiwat said he found his brother this morning when he went to bring the technician he hired to him.
They found Danai shirtless and wearing a pair of blue shorts while slumped over his machine.
Emergency services tried to revive Danai, but he was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
Police also attended the scene.
Authorities are still investigating the circumstances into Danai's death but believe he was electrocuted
Police Colonel Santi Shoosheud said there were no signs of forced entry into the man's room and had no suspicious injuries. They believe Danai was electrocuted.
He said: "We believe he attempted to fix the broken machine on his own and was electrocuted.
"We are still investigating the case but there was no forced entry nor suspicious injuries found so far."