Following the addition of Portimao last month, Imola is now a playable circuit on F1 2021 following the latest update to the game.
Back in April before the game was officially released, Codemasters confirmed that F1 2021 would feature all the teams, drivers and circuits from the 2021 FIA Formula One World Championship, and three brand new circuits in Portimao, Imola, and Jeddah, which would be available to all players as free post-launch content.
The Algarve International Circuit, also known as Portimao, was added to the F1 2021 game last month as free-post launch content, and today fans will finally get the chance to drive on the iconic Imola circuit, with the track being added to the game as free-post launch content today. Codemasters has confirmed that Jeddah will be added to F1 2021 in November ahead of the Formula 1 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021.
"Last month’s response to Portimao was overwhelmingly positive, and we know our players are going to love racing at Imola," said Paul Jeal, F1 Senior Franchise Director at Codemasters.
"We're also thrilled that Red Bull chose F1 2021 to help reveal their bespoke Turkish Grand Prix livery. Our studio prides itself on creating the most authentic experience possible and these special touches reinforcea how closely the game is embedded into the world of Formula 1."
But the latest update doesn't just include Imola as a new circuit, because Patch 1.12 also includes some major gameplay changes, including a visual sports update, including the special white Red Bull livery in the 2021 Turkish GP, an Esports Pit Release option and various other gameplay changes.
F1 2021 patch 1.12 includes a visual sports update including the special Red Bull livery as seen in the 2021 Turkish GP
Check out the latest changes to F1 2021 in the detailed patch notes below, which are available on the EA website.
F1 2021 – Patch 1.12 changes
- Imola has been added to the game
- Visual sports update including the special Red Bull livery as seen in the 2021 Turkish GP
- Esports Pit Release option has been added to multiplayer sessions
- Added support for the Fanatec CSL DD Base
- Added support for AMD FSR and CACAO
- Fixed an issue where the game information received by the host in an online session from a client machine resulted in the following issues: incorrect positional information for other players, stuttering and lag on the host machine, cars driving the wrong way in the pitlane and cars appearing on top of one another on the spectator feed.
- Addressed an issue where players would sometimes fail to connect to an online session
- Added a visible timeout to multiplayer sessions so that lobbies will not be unnecessarily held up while loading
- Addressed an issue where the lap counter could appear incorrect for spectators after a formation lap
- Addressed a crash that could occur when entering a weekly event after a network error
- Addressed an issue where the host being invited back to the session after a host migration could result in an error
- Portimao and Imola have been added to the Beginner and Experienced Social Play templates
FIFA 22 Latest News
FIFA 22 Player Ratings: Top 22
FIFA 22 Review
FUT Champions Rewards and Guide
FUT 22 Top 10 players in every position
- Addressed a handling exploit in lower speed corners
- Addressed an issue where user’s customisation could be locked as Carlos Sainz
- Addressed an issue where dials could be missing from the Ferrari wheel after adjusting camera settings
- Addressed an issue where users could incorrectly receive a penalty at the end of a Virtual Safety Car period
- Adjusted various kerbs in Bahrain, Monza and China
- Addressed various terrain holes on Bahrain and China
- Addressed an issue where changing shutter speed in Photo Mode could cause the image to be distorted
- Addressed an issue where floor damage could be accumulated on Spa-Francorchamps
- Leaderboard percentage ranking has been re-added to Time Trial
- Made improvements to AI yielding behaviour so they no longer match the player pace when not on a flying lap
- Addressed an issue where resetting camera customisation to default would only apply to TV-Pod camera
- Addressed an issue where it could be difficult to exit the pits in Baku as Williams without crossing the white line on the pit exit
- Addressed an issue where UDP data was not being broadcast on Xbox Series consoles
- Addressed an issue where retiring in the garage could cause a yellow flag incident
- Player will no longer incur a penalty for fitting a new gearbox after a gearbox failure has resulted in retirement from the race
- Addressed an issue where Nvidia DLSS mode could not be changed in some circumstances
- Component changes now correctly take effect when using Quick Practice
- Addressed an issue where fuel mix could be locked on an out lap on certain tracks
- Driver of the Day selection criteria has been updated
- General stability improvements
- Various minor fixes
Xbox and PlayStation players can also try F1 2021 for free with a trial available now to download via the respective digital stores. The trial allows players to sample the opening of Braking Point alongside a Grand Prix at Monza and the opening weekend for My Team.
F1® 2021, the official game of the FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, boasts several new features, including the thrilling new story mode, 'Braking Point', an expanded Career mode enabling two players to come together and race, and Real-Season Start with the option to jump into the championship at any point that has already occurred, adopting the real-time driver and constructor standings.