November 28, 2021, 18:17

    Tyson Fury admits his choice of next opponent “doesn’t make much sense”

    Tyson Fury admits his choice of next opponent “doesn’t make much sense”

    Tyson Fury has admitted he is confused by the situation regarding his next opponent despite Dillian Whyte being in pole position to face him.

    The 'Gypsy King' is pondering his next move with mandatory challenger Whyte currently expected to be ordered to face Fury after an arbitration with the WBC is resolved.

    And Fury is in demand after recording another historic victory over Deontay Wilder last month to retain his status as lineal heavyweight champion.

    But he has now admitted the situation regarding his next opponent "doesn't make sense" and will be decided based on who is available to fight early next year.

    "I'm just chilling, enjoying life, taking one day at a time, and enjoying myself," Fury told Sky Sports as he attended BOXXER Fight Night in Wembley.

    Tyson Fury is ready to face Dillian Whyte next year
    (

    Image:
    PA)

    "I'm not really interested, because to be honest it doesn't really make much sense who I want to fight at this moment. It's who's available and what makes sense later on."

    Fury and Whyte have feuded during their respective rises in the heavyweight division with Whyte becoming WBC silver champion in 2017 with victory over Robert Helenius.

    And he has been waiting for his world-title shot ever since despite a brief period of worry, after he was forced to avenge a defeat to Alexander Povetkin with an explosive rematch stoppage.

    Fury was expected to face Anthony Joshua earlier this year in an undisputed tilt but may now be forced to fight once more before pursuing all of the marbles, against the winner of Joshua's rematch with Oleksandr Usyk next year.

    And this has set precedent for Fury to remain active after missing out on iron square action for over a year with issues including coronavirus between 2020 and October this year.

    The lineal champion is confident of beating Whyte and believes any mandatory defence he can organise for his return will be an "easy" walkover.

    Will Tyson Fury defend his title against Dillian Whyte next year? Let us know in the comments section below

    "I thought I was going to be fighting Dillian Whyte," Fury told IFL TV. "I don’t know what he’s doing in his private life with the WBC.

    "Kinda s***** because I know how long arbitrations go on for. I hope I don’t have to fight somebody else like a voluntary or whatever.

    "They’re all only workouts to me, I’ll destroy every man that comes in front of me… I’m due an easy fight anyway, he [Dillian Whyte] would have been ideal really.

    "Heavy bag on legs is what I’m after to be honest. He’d have been the ideal candidate.”

    Fury previously hinted at hanging up his gloves having largely completed most of his planned accomplishments in the boxing ring after retaining his title.

    But despite pressure from his wife Paris and his father to retire from the ring, he has confirmed his plans to return to the ring in February.

    And he has threatened to fire his promoters if his ring return cannot be agreed in time to take place on his targeted return date in February.

    Read More

    Read More

    Sourse: mirror.co.uk

    Related posts

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    We use cookies in order to give you the best possible experience on our website. By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. You can find a detailed description in our Privacy Policy.
    Accept
    Reject
    Privacy Policy